It helps avoid the ugly truth that there are underlying causes that may now have escaped attention in favor of a quick fix. During the twenty plus year reign of BBS as the silver bullet, fatality rates have not fallen in Canada or the U.S. In some of the industries where BBS is extremely popular, fatalities have been rising in recent years. It would not be correct to say BBS is a failure; it would also not be correct to say it was successful in reducing incidents and harm in the workplace. Time to move on indeed — but to what? The discussion over zero will intensify: There are many who espouse the goal and target of zero. There are just as many who look upon this as a harmful endeavour. Zero is a laudable goal, something which all agree upon. That is where the agreement ends.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.cos-mag.com/columnist/drebbitt/archive/2017/01/09/trends-in-health-and-safety-for-2017
You may also be interested to read
- An Updated Analysis Of Handy Secrets For Underground Excavation
- A Simple A-z On Speedy Systems In Worker Safety
- Emerging Opportunities In Significant Criteria Of Tdg Classroom
- The Nitty-gritty On Simple H2s Alive Online Course Alberta Strategies
- For Any Of Our Workplace Training Available For Individuals And Groups!!